Monday, June 23, 2014

Oblivion

 I remember driving back home with you last February. It was chilli outside but I wanted to wear a dress to our date. I remember feeling so warm and cozy in the passenger seat, watching lights passing by in my half-closed, sleepy eyes, telling you everything in between nothing. Then my favorite song at the time came on and I told you I loved the song. You asked why and your question fell into silence. Then you started tapping your fingers to the beats and singing quietly. You already told me you never sing around other people. The yellow street lights slowed down and stopped on your smile. That's my favorite memory of us. I can close my eyes, think about those 2 minutes, and feel so happy and peaceful. I will forever be grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment